Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Princess shoes and motorcycles

So, I feel like it is okay to expose your child to both sides of the gender specific toys. For example, I was shopping for a birthday present and came across a pair of dress up shoes. I bought them. For Avery. He loves princess shoes....the look, the feel, they way they clomp on the floor. It is quite a site! He was so excited when I presented him to them...his little girlfriend was over and she didn't even seem to take much interest. So, there you have it. He has princess shoes. He still loves motorcycles, fire trucks, and monster trucks (4-wheelers) so I am content in knowing he is a gender balanced child. After all, less than two hours after taking off his heels he was tied to a tree by Braden via a rope-leash and was loving it!

1 comment:

  1. Rayme, what a great idea! I have to tell you I personally hate the princess heels. I of course have been dealing with the clopping for over two years and now they are onto wearing my shoes. Anyways I do have to say I hope Grayson is a gender balanced kid as well. I think that with the sisters he has it's very possible. I can't wait for you to see him and maybe we can hand down some princess shoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete