Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm not a stepmom, I am a bonus mom!

If any of you out there are a stepparent, you know it can be challenging....both for the parent and the child. My Mom, the wise woman she is, put it into perspective. She told me, "Rayme, you aren't a stepmom, you are a BONUS MOM!" I think that is such a more graceful title for someone who takes on a whole different parenting position. I love my "BONUS SON" with all my heart. He is handsome, kind, intelligent, and athletically talented. I am so proud of him and how he lives his life with such strength and tolerance. He has been through so much more than many adults, and honestly, I admire HIM. All days aren't picture perfect, but that just reaffirms that he IS my child!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So perfect, bonus mom:) Thanks for updating the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Miss Wiggy is so smart! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete